Tangle News is looking for a video editor to help launch our YouTube channel in 2023!
Tangle is an independent, subscriber-supported, nonpartisan politics outlet that covers the most divisive topics in the news by sharing opinions from the left, right and center. In our daily newsletter (over 50,000 subscribers) and podcast (over 550,000 downloads) we examine one big debate, then share a wide range of opinions on that debate. Looking ahead to 2023, we are hoping to bring our content to YouTube in the form of 1-2 weekly videos.
We’re looking for a self-starter who is interested in getting our YouTube channel off the ground, with a primary focus on editing videos from founder Isaac Saul, who will be recording 5-10 minute videos on content originally created for the newsletter and podcast. This position also has the potential to include editing our daily podcast into audio and video formats.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere and After Affects
- A desire to bring fresh ideas to the table about how to grow the channel
- The ability to work on a tight deadline with quick turnarounds
- An intimate understanding of the YouTube platform
- A general interest in politics or government
- Experience editing audio and podcasts
- Understanding of social media
- Deep interest or experience in political news
- Podcast editing skills
- Demonstrated success growing YouTube channels/following in the past
The starting salary for this position is $40/hour with an opportunity to earn more money as the channel grows and drives revenue.
Start date for this position is mid to late-January, but we are flexible.
Candidates can work fully remote and apply from anywhere. We expect anywhere from 5-20 hours of work per week, depending on responsibilities.
To apply, please submit a resume, a cover letter about why you want this gig, and at least one example of your past video or YouTube work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “YouTube editor”