Here they are...
Just like you, I hate newsletters that send more than one email a day, and I try to avoid doing that at all costs. But I wanted to make sure you got a proper news briefing today. Today’s Tangle is a special edition about the incredible, unthinkable spending bill passed in Congress yesterday. It deviates from the typical Tangle format — and I hope you consider sharing it with friends, family and colleagues.
However, at the bottom of the newsletter, I forgot to include the “Quick hits” section — which I know a lot of people rely on to avoid having to wade through social media and the news to keep up. So here they are…
- Federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York are communicating with Justice Department officials about getting access to Rudy Giuliani’s emails, according to NBC News.
- President-elect Joe Biden received the COVID-19 vaccine on national television yesterday.
- In a wide-ranging press conference yesterday, Attorney General William Barr repeatedly contradicted President Trump, saying he will not appoint a special counsel to investigate Hunter Biden, will not try to seize voting machines for inspection and that Russia was behind a massive U.S. government computer systems hack.
- Under the threat of legal action, several Fox News and Newsmax personalities are issuing on-air retractions of previous comments they made implicating Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic in “stealing” the election from Donald Trump.
- Sen. John Thune (R-SD), the No. 2 ranking Republican in the Senate, told CNN that an effort by House conservatives to overturn the election would “go down like a shot dog” in the Senate.
As always, thank you for reading Tangle and for supporting independent journalism. Your readership and support mean the world to us.
Isaac & the Tangle team